GDS Property Services is offering a boiler service for £65 … and that price includes VAT. And … you can even call us up when you’re boiler has broken down and get us out. You can book this on a breakdown and we’ll fix your boiler and service it for £65 + parts if needed. Print details about the £65 Boiler Service
The benefits below of a regular and professional boiler service are well worth checking out. Without a twelve monthly service a boiler is not covered by a manufacturer’s warranty or a workmanship warranty i.e. the labour to cover repairs.
- The vast majority of boiler engineers recommend having an annual service for most of the household boilers in the market. Every professional undertaking the boiler service must be Gas Safe Registered (formerly-known as a CORGI certificate). GDS Property Services’ boiler engineers all have these accreditations.
- Each service should start with a visual check of the boiler. This establishes that the boiler, along with its installation and its positioning, complies with the set of rules defined in building regulations, electrical regulations, gas-safety regulations, water by-laws, installation instructions and with the British Standards. All engineers and services must comply with present legislation.
- The pre-service check is the next part of the boiler service. At this check, the engineer will fire the boiler and then checks all the basic operations to identify any initial faults.
- Following this, the boiler casing is then be removed (something only qualified and accredited engineers should undertake). With the casing remover, all the main components of the boiler system are then examined to visually inspect if they are clean and damage-free. This check covers components such as the main burner and the main injector, plus the heat exchanger, the condense trap, the spark centre probe and the seals and the fans. At this point in the boiler service, there’s then a checking of all electrics for overheating, all the inside surfaces are cleaned, all pipe work (water & gas) and joints are inspected, and very importantly, the engineer makes sure that the flue terminal is unobstructed.
- The gas valve will be checked next in this service using a flue gas analyser. This ensures the boiler’s combustion system is working properly.
- If any fault is discovered during this test, the engineer will inform the home-owner of any additional costs that the repairs will incur. Green Deal Solutions only replaces parts with those also made by industry accredited suppliers, to ensure that they’re 100% compatible.
- Following on from these tests and inspections, the engineer then carries out a gas-tightness test to establish if there are any gas leaks in the system.
- The casing of the boiler is then be carefully fitted back on.
- Most experts concur that basic boiler service generally takes around half an hour.
- The final stage for the engineer is to produce the service report. This is gives the home-owner the opportunity to compare what the engineer has stated they have done, with the work that has actually been completed.
Our Gas Central Heating Engineer will:
- Check the surface of the heat exchanger
- Check the main burner in the unit
- Check the pilot burner in the unit
- Check the fan and remove any dust from the impeller
- Check and replace all the safety devices where necessary
- Check all the water, electrical and the gas connections for soundness and safety
- Check the flue ways, the air intake ducts and the flue terminal
- Check and confirm all the ventilation requirements
- Carry out a flue flow test and also a spillage test (if the appliance has an open flue)
- Check the burner’s gas pressure or heat input against the manufacturer’s recommended data
- Check all the combustion chamber seals for soundness and safety
- Check the stability of the appliance and any retaining devices
- Check the working gas pressure
- Carry out an efficiency test on the boiler